Monday, May 2, 2016

So this week was awesome!


So this week was awesome! First off I got a new companion and his name is Elder Barros, He is from Cabo Verde. He is super cool! He is 23 years old and has a family of like 14! He is the only member of the church in his whole family! He was baptized alone when he was 13 and is still in the church! I imagine that it must be super hard for him! 

So this last week was cool, yesterday all of the teens that I baptized here went up at the front and bore their testimonies! It was super spiritual! I may or may not have cried a little... It makes me so happy they all said how they want to also serve a mission to help others the same way that they were helped!

So crazy awesome story that happened this last week. So there is this school at night that a group of boys were outside with their band performing their rap that they did and I told my companion let´s go talk to them. So we went! It was a blast after they finished their song they called us to the front and said these are our friends from the church they come all the way from the united states to help us all! They gave us a little time to talk to them and they passed all of their addresses. Who knows maybe nothing will happen because of that but I feel that it was good to do because now they all respect us and always are saying hi to us on the street. They need to move their life style a little before they get baptized but who knows if now one day they will remember and want to go to church. It was super funny though, my companion was super embarrassed but it was super cool I felt like I was giving a sermon to a whole audience! We found a family of 9 and another of 4 because of that craziness!

Today at 7:30 we have marked to go and teach a pastor!!! I hope it goes well! I have always wanted to convert a pastor! I am going to have to rely on the spirit because my knowledge of the bible isn´t super great... 

Well that´s all I have for now but I love you all and remember to always be ready to share the gospel for everyone not just who isn´t a member but also normal members to help their testimony!




No comments:

Post a Comment